Thursday, September 01, 2005

Setting up a Podcast

I successfully set up a podcast today.

Here are the steps involved:

  • I downloaded a freeware recording program called "Audacity"

  • I also downloaded from their website a plugin to convert audio to mp3 format which is what is used in podcasting. There are instructions on how to install the plugin on Audacity's site

  • I used my headset microphone to record the podcast using Audacity. I saved the file as an mp3.

  • I used software called Feed For All to create a RSS feed. I bought this software last spring.

  • I uploaded the mp3 file and XML document which contains the RSS feed to our production server

  • You can "subscribe" to the feed with iTunes (I'm sure there are other ways to do it but this was the easiest). Select "Subscribe to Podcast" from the Advanced option on the toolbar. The url you need to subscribe is "http://campuscrusadeforchrist.com/student2student/podcast.xml"


Resources I looked at or was told about:

1 Comments:

At Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina Relief
From one shore to another. I urge you to contribute to the Katrina hurricane relief.
Hi, like the blog! Will check in with you again.
I have a site. It pretty much covers related stuff.
Check it out if you get the time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home